miércoles, 16 de diciembre de 2009

Conditionals

The "conditionals" are certain structures of English in which, if certain condition, situation or circumstance is true, then a specific outcome occurs. Here we see several usual types of "conditionals"


*** Conditional Zero - (type 0) ***

This conditional refers to a situation that is always true (universal truths)

Example:If you freeze water, it turns into ice.


*** First Conditional - (type I) ***

Is formed by:
if + simple present + simple future. It is used when a situation is real or possible.

Example:If it rains today, I'll stay at home. Here are some examples translated.


*** Second Conditional - (type II) ***

Refers to a hypothetical situation and are selected according the structure:
if + simple past + simple conditional. Here are some examples translated.

Example:If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world.
*** Third Conditional - (type III) ***

Refers to a hypothetical situation of the past and is formed according the structure:
if + past perfect + perfect conditional. Here's an example.

Example:If I had won the lottery, I would have traveled around the world.


Exercises
Write in the lines the type of conditional: type 0, type I, type II or type III


If I had more money, I would buy a nice apartment.__________________
If I were you, I would buy that car.__________________________
If I work too much, I get tired._____________________________
If it rains today, I'll stay at home.___________________________
If I have time, I usually go to the movies.______________________
If she eats hamburgers, she gets an allergy._____________________
If he is busy now, I will come back tomorrow.____________________
If I were in Brazil, I would go to Rio de Janeiro.____________________
If they come here, they always bring a present.__________________
If I have time, I'll visit my parents this afternoon.___________________
If you work hard, you may become a millonaire someday.______________
If you had gone to Brazil, you would have had lots of fun._______________
If she had come on Saturday, I would have seen her.__________________
If I won the lottery, I would travel around the world._________________
If he were in my place, he wouldn't do this._________________________
If I had won the lottery, I would have traveled around the world.____________
If you had phoned me, I would have known you were here._______________

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario